<< Back to Tournament Center
ALTITUDE GAMING LEAGUE
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- 1. Rules are subject to change at any time, so please check them often.
- 2. It is the responsibility of all the players to know and understand the rules.
- 3. Players are seeded randomly and are in no way able to change status of matches or reschedule.
- 4. Our goal here at ALTITUDE GAMING LEAGUE is to provide gamers with a place to find fair and competitive matches. In order to accomplish this goal, we will not tolerate players or teams that cause problems or attempt to undermine the positive atmosphere in ALTITUDE GAMING LEAGUE LANS. This includes teams that cheat, dispute on purpose, or repeatedly abuse players. Violators will be dealt with accordingly including possible removal from ALTITUDE GAMING LEAGUE. As with all accusations, valid proof must be provided. Please see the proof section below.
- 5. ALTITUDE GAMING LEAGUE prohibits members from managing more than one team at a time during LAN events.
- 6. Abuse of our volunteer Staff will not be tolerated in any form. This includes written messages or verbal comments. Violators will be removed from ALTITUDE GAMING LEAGUE.
- 7. Team members are not able to change their team or their handle during matches. Names must be appropriate and cannot be taken by another team on the same ladder.
- 8. Teams must contain the minimum number of eligible players to remain active during matches. Teams without the minimum number of eligible players at a team's announced match are subject to disqualification via ALTITUDE GAMING LEAGUE admin discretion.
- 9. Players must utilize their own unique handle for competing in ALTITUDE GAMING LEAGUE. This unique handle must have been registered on ALTITUDE GAMING LEAGUE personally by the user. The registered handle must contain the correct and complete Name, and Email of the user. If a false Name or Email was entered, the user voids the privilege to participate in the Ladder/Tournament and receive any prizes.
- 10. As a player, you are personally responsible for yourself and your team.
- 11. Users are prohibited from sharing account information stored on ALTITUDE GAMING LEAGUE with another person for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: usernames, passwords, email accounts, etc. If another person accesses your account, you may be disqualified from the Ladder/Tournament and removed from ALTITUDE GAMING LEAGUE.
- 1. It is the team's responsibility to verify the eligibility of all players playing in the match prior to starting or continuing any match play. A team playing with an ineligible player will forfeit the match.
- 2. The rules below outline our policies on rostered players:
- *Users are permitted to be listed on only one team in each ladder at any given time.
- *All roster spots must be comprised of only one valid handle. Spelling and spaces must be exact, but does not need to be case sensitive.
- *Handles/ Team name may not contain foul language, disparaging remarks, hateful or racist names.
- 1. A team has 5 minutes to show-up with the proper number of eligible players, and be ready to start the match when the team is announced. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit. Teams are responsible for all scheduled matches.
- 2. Admins/ officers will not give special privileges to anyone so know when your match is and show up on time ready to play.
- 1. Admins will be watching the matches as they happen. When complete the admin if need be may review the saved video(If the game has video capabilities). ONLY ADMINS MAY REPORT A WIN/LOSE
- 2. Deletion of videos after matches without the consent of an admin is prohibited and will be considered a disqualification for the team.
- 3. Any team found to report as the winning team before the match is played or completed will be subject to disqualification.
- 4. Disputing a match on purpose with no cause will result in penalties for your team, at the admins discretion.
- 1. We have a zero tolerance policy for cheating. Teams caught cheating, "glitching", or abusing in-game mechanics in any way will be removed from ALTITUDE GAMING LEAGUE.
- 2. If your team receives a win that was not earned you will be removed from ALTITUDE GAMING LEAGUE.
CONTROLLER/KEYBOARD & MICE
- 1. Controllers for consoles must be an Xbox or Playstation licensed controller. 3rd party modification's or controllers not pertaining to the game itself are prohibited.
- 2. Mods or add-ons include macro buttons, third part peripherals, any and all distinguishing characteristics of a non-licensed product that would give a none skill based advantage over the opponent.
- 1. If you have any problems before or after a match, you may contact a Staff member to answer any questions you may have. Please contact the Referees first as this is their job. Contact is not prohibited during match play in order to slow, pause, or postpone the scheduled match.
- 2. Verbally abusing Staff members called into a match will not be tolerated. The individual user and/or team violating this rule will be subject to disqualification and removed from ALTITUDE GAMING LEAGUE. All team leaders are responsible for the conduct of the players on the team while interacting with staff and are subject to penalties for abusive team players.
- 3. Staff members that are overseeing a match have the authority to make necessary calls to ensure the match is completed successfully. When in a match, the Staff member's call is final and must be followed. Failure to do so will result in penalties for your team. After the match, if you disagree with a call made, first the match will be reported then you can submit a formal query for the match played to be reviewed by an Admin. Do not dispute the match on purpose.
- 1. You need to show proof of winning each map/game in a match to be given the win for it. All proof must be clearly visible and show the in-game full scoreboard during the completion of that map/game. The proof must clearly show both team's players to be considered valid. Essentially, proof needs to be large enough in size to clearly read all scores and handles.
- 2. All video proof has to be saved! In the event of a dispute a player is subject for video viewing. A dispute cannot be submitted after the tournament is over.
- 3. For all glitching and cheating claims, the burden of proof is on the accuser( unless viewed by an admin).
- 1. The ladder is limited to the tournament designated number of players per team.
- 2. Every team is required to have a minimum of 2 players on their roster prior to a match.
- *Players must bring their own equipment i.e. PC, Xbox, controllers, TV/monitors. It is suggested that teams avoid duel screening (console applicable).
- *All matches must be played in their entirety. A Standard Ladder Match will be played best of 1 map agreed to by both teams. If a map cannot be decided on a random one will be chosen for the teams.
- *Teams will have a coin toss for host xbox/pc in the first match played.
- *The higher ranked team at match time will host the map. The higher ranked team is the team ranked closer to "1" on the ladder. If there is a tie in rank (i.e. both are unranked), a coin toss will decide host xbox/pc.
- *The team that is not hosting will pick which side to play on. ( Red or Blue)
- *Teams may not delay the match for more than 5 minutes. If a team delays the start for longer than 5 minutes without a legitimate excuse they will forfeit that map.
- *If a player/host disconnects during the initial launch of a map, the map will be restarted. The initial launch is defined as within the first 30 seconds or before the first kill. If both teams disagree over when the disconnection took place, video proof must be provided (if applicable).
- *If the host disconnects after the map has started, the host's team forfeits that map. After the map has started is after 30 seconds or after the first kill. If both teams disagree over when the disconnection took place, video proof must be provided.
- *A "Kill Dependent Game Mode," often referred to as Deathmatch, Sharpshooter or Slayer, is a game mode whose winner is decided by the overall number of kills, or points gained from kills. Because this mode relies on the number of players present, a team can never play shorthanded when playing this mode. A Team that loses a player during this game mode, after the first kill has occurred, forfeits that map.
- *Only one player per console is permitted.
- *All players must use the game designated character model. Any team found using a character mod will forfeit all maps that the character was found on.
- *Any un-sportsman-like conduct during match between teams is not tolerated; your team will be disqualified.
- *ADMIN CALLS ARE FINAL.*